Jan 20, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Romo filed for $1.75 million and the Giants countered at $1.3 million, so he ends up getting $50,000 more than the midpoint.
Romo was limited to just 48 innings last season because of an elbow injury, but when healthy he was nearly unhittable with a 1.50 ERA and ridiculous 70/5 K/BB ratio.
This is his first season of arbitration eligibility, so the 28-year-old right-hander is under the Giants’ control through 2014 and will again serve as Brian Wilson‘s setup man in 2012.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)