Jan 20, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Romo filed for $1.75 million and the Giants countered at $1.3 million, so he ends up getting $50,000 more than the midpoint.
Romo was limited to just 48 innings last season because of an elbow injury, but when healthy he was nearly unhittable with a 1.50 ERA and ridiculous 70/5 K/BB ratio.
This is his first season of arbitration eligibility, so the 28-year-old right-hander is under the Giants’ control through 2014 and will again serve as Brian Wilson‘s setup man in 2012.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)