Jan 20, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Romo filed for $1.75 million and the Giants countered at $1.3 million, so he ends up getting $50,000 more than the midpoint.
Romo was limited to just 48 innings last season because of an elbow injury, but when healthy he was nearly unhittable with a 1.50 ERA and ridiculous 70/5 K/BB ratio.
This is his first season of arbitration eligibility, so the 28-year-old right-hander is under the Giants’ control through 2014 and will again serve as Brian Wilson‘s setup man in 2012.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11