Jan 20, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Romo filed for $1.75 million and the Giants countered at $1.3 million, so he ends up getting $50,000 more than the midpoint.
Romo was limited to just 48 innings last season because of an elbow injury, but when healthy he was nearly unhittable with a 1.50 ERA and ridiculous 70/5 K/BB ratio.
This is his first season of arbitration eligibility, so the 28-year-old right-hander is under the Giants’ control through 2014 and will again serve as Brian Wilson‘s setup man in 2012.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)