Ozzie Guillen denies quitting on the White Sox, threatens to “kill people’s feelings”

Jan 21, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT

Ozzie Guillen Getty Getty Images

Jake Peavy made some waves with an appearance on WSCR-AM 670 in Chicago last Saturday, implying that Ozzie Guillen quit on the White Sox last September by stepping down as manager with two games remaining in the season. Here’s part of his comments, via Dave van Dyck of the Chicago Tribune.

“I know he had a hard time, saying I quit on him, which couldn’t be further from the truth,” Peavy said. “I would never quit on a team. … Ozzie didn’t finish the season with us the last (two) games. So I don’t know who quit on who.”

Those comments apparently didn’t sit so well with the outspoken Guillen, who took to Twitter last night to unleash the following (hat-tip to Angie Wiatrowski of CSNChicago.com):

source:

Uh-oh, killing people’s feelings? This could get interesting. Stay tuned, as I know you’re all waiting with bated breath to see how this situation plays out.

1. danielcp0303 - Jan 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Maybe he should use a translator

• izzy3720 - Jan 23, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Envy is like a fly that passes all the body’s sounder parts, and dwells upon the sores.
      besides the man is here in miami already where nobody fuc,,,,, care how you write or speak english,get a life

2. billb09 - Jan 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Lucky he works in the U.S. in Canada they want to fire a coach who doesn’t speak French. Would it hurt him to learn english just so his interviews are understandable?

• yettyskills - Jan 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM

When you say Canada you mean Quebec right?

• Old Gator - Jan 22, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Quebec is still in Canada?

• lanpar - Jan 22, 2012 at 11:59 AM

yettyskills – i don’t think old gator get’s it hahahahahahahahahahahahaha …. what a moron

• cur68 - Jan 22, 2012 at 12:09 PM

ianpar: I think Mr. Gator is referring to Quebec’s never ending quest to separate from the rest of Canada. This is hardly new news, BTW. Been going on for decades.

Mr. Gator: if they do secede they seem to want to join you in Florida. Lookin’ forward to that?

• Old Gator - Jan 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Hollywood, FL just north of Macondo is already referred to locally as “Quebec pequeña” so I guess we’ve been joined already.

ianpar: That ain’t friendly of you kid. I make you a nice joke, you gimme da high hat.

Oh, and there’s no apostrophe in “gets.” Toddle off back to school now.

3. cool10857 - Jan 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Looks like Ozzie killed the English language too.

• jwbiii - Jan 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Maybe it’s just a Venezuelan dialect or accent, but I can’t understand his Spanish either.

• Old Gator - Jan 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM

If it’s a dialect, it’s only gibbered in a nation of one. Slobbering Ozzie is legitimately semi-literate in two languages. That’s kind of an accomplishment – like when, say, Ed Wood Jr. got finished editing Glen or Glenda, only without the lucid vision.

• jwbiii - Jan 22, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Surely we can come up with a word for this. Biunlingual? Polynonglot?

• Old Gator - Jan 23, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Pidgin gibberish.

4. mirmz - Jan 21, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Always liked Ozzie, but he should stop drinking and tweeting.

• bigharold - Jan 21, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Drinking or tweeting or tweeting while drinking?

5. bigharold - Jan 21, 2012 at 5:04 PM

“Why this guy was ever giving another job is beyond me.”

You are aware that he was the manager of a WS championship team That might have something to do with it.

• alexo0 - Jan 21, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Fire Charlie Manuel. He’s literally useless.

6. brewcrewfan54 - Jan 21, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I can’t decide if I find Ozzie entertaining or tiresome. I thinks its become more of the latter now.

7. Matt Adams - Jan 21, 2012 at 6:47 PM

He couldn’t wait 2 games to get gone, that’s quitting. That’s attention seeking.

8. thefalcon123 - Jan 21, 2012 at 8:32 PM

I rarely read the comments section on any website. I just don’t see the point. A lot of people spout off opinions on things they know nothing about, achieve no dialogue and do nothing but waste their own and others’ time. I don’t read them and I don’t partake in the process.

Hardballtalk is different. Overwhelmingly, the commenters here add some nuance, perspective or anecdotes to the story. I often pull open stories I have no interest in because some of the commentary on it is so interesting. When I feel I have something to add, I join in as well. People join in to disagree with you in a cordial and/or cruel (but often funny) way. When they do disagree, they mostly say why they hold their opinion. It’s a wonderful, really.

And then…there is shit like this (which, in all fairness, if a bit more apt than most…which doesn’t say much really). It seems like every single post, PhilliesChamps or Bozos or Cepts’ come on and spout the some brief, ignorant rant totally devoid of any intelligence or humor. Not once have I learned anything from reading your posts other than that you are kind of a douchebag. Why bother? Are you secretly a masochist? Is your day just wholly incomplete unless you put up an completely useless post and read the litany of comments calling you a moron? Why here? The comments section on every other website are full of people exactly like. Please, stop trying to ruin the one place where the comments section actually adds to the story.

• Kyle - Jan 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM

So well said. Bravo, sir.

• stex52 - Jan 21, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I’m with you, too.

• cur68 - Jan 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

This.

FYI Falco: “phillieschamps2012″ claims to be ” ‘halladaysbicepts’ ” who’d been banned. I think it really is him. Same stupid drunken rants. Gets worse as the day goes on as his alcohol intake gets ahead of whatever common sense he might have then abruptly stops. He passes out, I think. This being Saturday, he started drinking earlier and was totally off his gourd by 4PM local time. Currently face down in his own vomit, I’ll wager.

• stex52 - Jan 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Not sure, cur. ‘Cepts had a tendency to go off the deep end if anyone argued with him, but I frequently found his original posts to be reasonable and interesting. Not so much here. But, again, I’m not sure.

• adenzeno - Jan 22, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Maybe Philliesbicepts is really Chris Berman trying to drive traffic to ESPN…. :-)

• nlfan865 - Jan 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Well said indeed!!! I have found on many occasions the comment section more insightful than the articles themselves…there is nothing to be gained from polluting the dialog with senseless ranting’s…most people welcome differing points of opinion or perspective on topics no matter where they may stand…I believe this is healthy, but blatant disregard for intelligent thought is unnecessary…

9. stex52 - Jan 21, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Gator, if you are out there, my sympathies.

• Old Gator - Jan 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I’m out there, awright. For what I have your sympiffy, having a manwager who dwrinks and tweets? (Urrrpppp). I don’t need your shimpathy (hic!).

This is all in the finest Macondo twadishun, anyway. (urrrppp, hic!) ‘Scuse me. I mean, Fat Fweddy, Flat Eddie and the Curmudgeonly Undead were awrfilly tame for this pwayce, you know? Slobberin’ Oswald, as absurd as he ish, dishplays perfrick continuosity with here. (Bleeeeeehhhhhhhhh….)

• unclemosesgreen - Jan 22, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Ozzie may not be killing your feelings, but he’s certainly causing you to numb them. His move to Macondo was cause for much message board delight, given the all-too-predictable explosion of loopy and hyper-literate outrage it has inspired. Now I do repent me of my selfish glee, my anticipation of Ozzie-Lomo tweet-wars dissipates with the sudden premonition of a possible extended Ozzie-induced absinthe bender that will doubtless prove the ruination of baseball’s finest blog poster.

Please turn your rage outwards, let it focus to a searing point that targets Loria, Selig and yes, the 90-degrees-off-vertical smile of the Macondo Marlins’ Manager.

• Old Gator - Jan 22, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Oscar Wilde was was especially fond of Absinthe, which recommends it highly to me, except that to say it tastes like paint stripper would be like giving it five stars on Epicurious. On the other hand, the stuff did inspire Wilde’s greatest one-liner: “Give me the luxuries of life. I’ll do without the necessities.”

10. bobdira - Jan 22, 2012 at 6:42 AM

I love Ozzie as a manager………….of someone else’s favorite team.

11. luckywi - Jan 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM

The important thing here is Tuesday April 17th. When “he get to chitown” I can’t wait either Ozzy.

Who's outside looking in on playoffs?
  1. R. Castillo (2500)