Jan 22, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
All four are offering major league contracts.
Ayala posted a cool 2.09 ERA in 56 innings last season for the Yankees after signing a minor league deal in February and earning a spot in the Opening Day bullpen at spring camp. There’s enough interest this time around for him to get a guaranteed spot.
Ayala, who turned 34 years old earlier this month, owns a 3.47 career ERA in seven big league seasons.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 3
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 26
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 70
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 172
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (172)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)