Jan 23, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
Late last night there was an unsubstantiated rumor going around Twitter that Prince Fielder had agreed to a deal with the Nationals, but both Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Jim Bowden of ESPN.com have shot that down.
Washington remains the most obvious destination for Fielder and certainly the clock is ticking on him choosing a long-term home, but it looks like last night’s rumors weren’t based in fact.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)