Jan 23, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
Late last night there was an unsubstantiated rumor going around Twitter that Prince Fielder had agreed to a deal with the Nationals, but both Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Jim Bowden of ESPN.com have shot that down.
Washington remains the most obvious destination for Fielder and certainly the clock is ticking on him choosing a long-term home, but it looks like last night’s rumors weren’t based in fact.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 9
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 141
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 19
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 33
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (143)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)