Jan 23, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
Late last night there was an unsubstantiated rumor going around Twitter that Prince Fielder had agreed to a deal with the Nationals, but both Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and Jim Bowden of ESPN.com have shot that down.
Washington remains the most obvious destination for Fielder and certainly the clock is ticking on him choosing a long-term home, but it looks like last night’s rumors weren’t based in fact.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 17
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 59
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)