Jan 23, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
There’s been plenty of speculation that the Red Sox dumped Marco Scutaro and his $6 million salary on the Rockies in order to clear the payroll space needed to make a strong run at Oswalt, so presumably he likes the notion of playing in Boston more than Detroit.
Oswalt remains good enough at age 34 that he could provide a big rotation upgrade to just about every team, but his health is a big question mark and the Tigers aren’t desperate for rotation help with Max Scherzer, Doug Fister, Rick Porcello, and perhaps top prospect Jacob Turner behind Cy Young winner Justin Verlander.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot