Jan 24, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
Ziegler requested $1.945 million and was offered $1.46 million from the Diamondbacks when arbitration figures were exchanged last week, so the two sides agreed to a deal a little above the midpoint.
Ziegler, a second-time arbitration-eligible player, was acquired from the Athletics last July for Brandon Allen and left-hander Jordan Norberto. The 32-year-old right-hander earned $1.25 million in 2011 while posting a 2.16 ERA and 44/19 K/BB ratio over 58 1/3 innings. The sidearmer remains under team control through 2014.
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 54
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 27
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 43
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)