Jan 24, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
Ziegler requested $1.945 million and was offered $1.46 million from the Diamondbacks when arbitration figures were exchanged last week, so the two sides agreed to a deal a little above the midpoint.
Ziegler, a second-time arbitration-eligible player, was acquired from the Athletics last July for Brandon Allen and left-hander Jordan Norberto. The 32-year-old right-hander earned $1.25 million in 2011 while posting a 2.16 ERA and 44/19 K/BB ratio over 58 1/3 innings. The sidearmer remains under team control through 2014.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 12
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 12
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)