Jan 24, 2012, 9:31 PM EDT
Ziegler requested $1.945 million and was offered $1.46 million from the Diamondbacks when arbitration figures were exchanged last week, so the two sides agreed to a deal a little above the midpoint.
Ziegler, a second-time arbitration-eligible player, was acquired from the Athletics last July for Brandon Allen and left-hander Jordan Norberto. The 32-year-old right-hander earned $1.25 million in 2011 while posting a 2.16 ERA and 44/19 K/BB ratio over 58 1/3 innings. The sidearmer remains under team control through 2014.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)