Jan 24, 2012, 9:31 PM EST
Ziegler requested $1.945 million and was offered $1.46 million from the Diamondbacks when arbitration figures were exchanged last week, so the two sides agreed to a deal a little above the midpoint.
Ziegler, a second-time arbitration-eligible player, was acquired from the Athletics last July for Brandon Allen and left-hander Jordan Norberto. The 32-year-old right-hander earned $1.25 million in 2011 while posting a 2.16 ERA and 44/19 K/BB ratio over 58 1/3 innings. The sidearmer remains under team control through 2014.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 44
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 32
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 50
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)