Jan 24, 2012, 9:21 AM EDT
Derrick Goold got a hold of the 2012 Topps Albert Pujols card. Which features him playing first base in a game situation. For the Angels. Which is awesome because he hasn’t, you know, done that yet. See it here.
It’s not like this is new or unprecedented. Back when I collected cards in the 70s and 80s there were all kinds of alterations to baseball cards. Except they didn’t have digital photography and editing software then. They literally airbrushed photos to put the guys in caps for teams to which they were just traded. The results were nothing short of fantastic.
Oh well. If Topps wants to do it all newfangled-like, it’s their prerogative. I would have loved to see a really crappy airbrush job, though, to take me back to my youth.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)