Jan 24, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Koji Uehara quickly fell out of favor in Texas’ bullpen after coming over in a midseason trade from Baltimore and his name has been linked to various trade rumors all offseason, so not surprisingly Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that the Rangers are still shopping him.
According to Durrett the Blue Jays are among the teams interested in Uehara, who was incredibly successful for the Orioles prior to the trade and is owed a perfectly reasonable $4 million salary for 2012.
Even with his ugly stint in Texas thrown in Uehara tossed 65 innings with a 2.35 ERA and 85/9 K/BB ratio last season and logged 44 innings with a 2.86 ERA and 55/5 K/BB ratio in 2010, so if the Rangers are looking to dump him mostly for salary relief plenty of teams should be interested in the 36-year-old right-hander.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 45
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 40
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)