Jan 24, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Koji Uehara quickly fell out of favor in Texas’ bullpen after coming over in a midseason trade from Baltimore and his name has been linked to various trade rumors all offseason, so not surprisingly Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that the Rangers are still shopping him.
According to Durrett the Blue Jays are among the teams interested in Uehara, who was incredibly successful for the Orioles prior to the trade and is owed a perfectly reasonable $4 million salary for 2012.
Even with his ugly stint in Texas thrown in Uehara tossed 65 innings with a 2.35 ERA and 85/9 K/BB ratio last season and logged 44 innings with a 2.86 ERA and 55/5 K/BB ratio in 2010, so if the Rangers are looking to dump him mostly for salary relief plenty of teams should be interested in the 36-year-old right-hander.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59