Jan 25, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
There’s a good story about Adam Dunn by Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times today. Van Schouwen caught up with Dunn at home in Houston and talked about the train wreck that was Dunn’s 2011 season and how he feels he’s going to get back on track for 2012. Note: there is some flirting with Best Shape of His Life territory, but Dunn sadly downplays it.
The bigger takeaway from it all is the reminder that Dunn is a pretty cool and grounded dude. I always felt that way when he played in Cincinnati and Washington, but it was sort of lost last year as everyone seemed to talk more about Dunn than to him.
For his part, he’s straight-up about how badly he stunk last season. He’s a little miffed that “one stupid year” has made everyone forget how good he was for the previous decade, but he’s making no excuses. He’s working on his hitting. He’s just getting back up on the horse again.
Anyway, a good article about a guy who has always interested me.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 60
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)