Jan 25, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
There’s a good story about Adam Dunn by Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times today. Van Schouwen caught up with Dunn at home in Houston and talked about the train wreck that was Dunn’s 2011 season and how he feels he’s going to get back on track for 2012. Note: there is some flirting with Best Shape of His Life territory, but Dunn sadly downplays it.
The bigger takeaway from it all is the reminder that Dunn is a pretty cool and grounded dude. I always felt that way when he played in Cincinnati and Washington, but it was sort of lost last year as everyone seemed to talk more about Dunn than to him.
For his part, he’s straight-up about how badly he stunk last season. He’s a little miffed that “one stupid year” has made everyone forget how good he was for the previous decade, but he’s making no excuses. He’s working on his hitting. He’s just getting back up on the horse again.
Anyway, a good article about a guy who has always interested me.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (102)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)