Jan 25, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
There’s a good story about Adam Dunn by Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times today. Van Schouwen caught up with Dunn at home in Houston and talked about the train wreck that was Dunn’s 2011 season and how he feels he’s going to get back on track for 2012. Note: there is some flirting with Best Shape of His Life territory, but Dunn sadly downplays it.
The bigger takeaway from it all is the reminder that Dunn is a pretty cool and grounded dude. I always felt that way when he played in Cincinnati and Washington, but it was sort of lost last year as everyone seemed to talk more about Dunn than to him.
For his part, he’s straight-up about how badly he stunk last season. He’s a little miffed that “one stupid year” has made everyone forget how good he was for the previous decade, but he’s making no excuses. He’s working on his hitting. He’s just getting back up on the horse again.
Anyway, a good article about a guy who has always interested me.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)