Jan 25, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
There’s a good story about Adam Dunn by Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times today. Van Schouwen caught up with Dunn at home in Houston and talked about the train wreck that was Dunn’s 2011 season and how he feels he’s going to get back on track for 2012. Note: there is some flirting with Best Shape of His Life territory, but Dunn sadly downplays it.
The bigger takeaway from it all is the reminder that Dunn is a pretty cool and grounded dude. I always felt that way when he played in Cincinnati and Washington, but it was sort of lost last year as everyone seemed to talk more about Dunn than to him.
For his part, he’s straight-up about how badly he stunk last season. He’s a little miffed that “one stupid year” has made everyone forget how good he was for the previous decade, but he’s making no excuses. He’s working on his hitting. He’s just getting back up on the horse again.
Anyway, a good article about a guy who has always interested me.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)