Jan 25, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
Ryan Braun was scheduled to appear at the Brewers “fan fest” event this weekend, but owner Mark Attanasio just released a statement announcing that the reigning MVP won’t be there because of concerns about how his attendance could impact the 50-game suspension appeal:
In working through the logistics of this weekend’s Brewers On Deck event in Milwaukee with Ryan Braun–and knowing how much he enjoys interacting candidly with Brewers fans–we came to the conclusion that this is too sensitive of a time in the confidential process for him to attend this year. I speak for everyone at the Brewers, including Ryan, in thanking our fans for their understanding and patience.
Braun attended the Baseball Writers Association of America banquet in New York last week to accept his MVP award and even made a speech, but didn’t directly address his positive test for synthetic testosterone or looming suspension.
- Where does Nelson Cruz go from here? 21
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers 77
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 43
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 40
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- Shin-Soo Choo agrees to seven-year, $130 million deal with Rangers (77)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)