Jan 25, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
Ryan Braun was scheduled to appear at the Brewers “fan fest” event this weekend, but owner Mark Attanasio just released a statement announcing that the reigning MVP won’t be there because of concerns about how his attendance could impact the 50-game suspension appeal:
In working through the logistics of this weekend’s Brewers On Deck event in Milwaukee with Ryan Braun–and knowing how much he enjoys interacting candidly with Brewers fans–we came to the conclusion that this is too sensitive of a time in the confidential process for him to attend this year. I speak for everyone at the Brewers, including Ryan, in thanking our fans for their understanding and patience.
Braun attended the Baseball Writers Association of America banquet in New York last week to accept his MVP award and even made a speech, but didn’t directly address his positive test for synthetic testosterone or looming suspension.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)