Jan 25, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Peter Gammons knows people in high places. Three of them are GMs with whom he spoke about Roy Oswalt, and two of them think Oswalt will sign with the Rangers. The third thinks it’s the Cardinals.
All of those have been discussed before either due to previous interest in Oswalt or what we think we know of Oswalt’s geographic preferences. But the thing is, each of those teams have fairly set rotations, do they not? Especially the Rangers. Is Roy Oswalt really the Rangers’ or Cardinals’ biggest need?
Interesting, I guess. But then I remember back to this time yesterday and recall that everyone thought Prince Fielder was going to the Nationals. So what I’m saying is, I’m gonna go get a sandwich or something and try not to think too hard about it.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 340
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 79
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 52
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (341)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)