Jan 25, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Peter Gammons knows people in high places. Three of them are GMs with whom he spoke about Roy Oswalt, and two of them think Oswalt will sign with the Rangers. The third thinks it’s the Cardinals.
All of those have been discussed before either due to previous interest in Oswalt or what we think we know of Oswalt’s geographic preferences. But the thing is, each of those teams have fairly set rotations, do they not? Especially the Rangers. Is Roy Oswalt really the Rangers’ or Cardinals’ biggest need?
Interesting, I guess. But then I remember back to this time yesterday and recall that everyone thought Prince Fielder was going to the Nationals. So what I’m saying is, I’m gonna go get a sandwich or something and try not to think too hard about it.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 0
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 1
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 11
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 141
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (141)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)