Jan 25, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Peter Gammons knows people in high places. Three of them are GMs with whom he spoke about Roy Oswalt, and two of them think Oswalt will sign with the Rangers. The third thinks it’s the Cardinals.
All of those have been discussed before either due to previous interest in Oswalt or what we think we know of Oswalt’s geographic preferences. But the thing is, each of those teams have fairly set rotations, do they not? Especially the Rangers. Is Roy Oswalt really the Rangers’ or Cardinals’ biggest need?
Interesting, I guess. But then I remember back to this time yesterday and recall that everyone thought Prince Fielder was going to the Nationals. So what I’m saying is, I’m gonna go get a sandwich or something and try not to think too hard about it.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 3
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 20
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 217
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (217)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)