Jan 25, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Peter Gammons knows people in high places. Three of them are GMs with whom he spoke about Roy Oswalt, and two of them think Oswalt will sign with the Rangers. The third thinks it’s the Cardinals.
All of those have been discussed before either due to previous interest in Oswalt or what we think we know of Oswalt’s geographic preferences. But the thing is, each of those teams have fairly set rotations, do they not? Especially the Rangers. Is Roy Oswalt really the Rangers’ or Cardinals’ biggest need?
Interesting, I guess. But then I remember back to this time yesterday and recall that everyone thought Prince Fielder was going to the Nationals. So what I’m saying is, I’m gonna go get a sandwich or something and try not to think too hard about it.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 29
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)