Jan 25, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Uehara’s contract–which was signed with the Orioles–includes a limited no-trade clause consisting of six teams and unfortunately for the Rangers the Blue Jays are on the list.
According to Durrett the Rangers will continue to shop Uehara around, as they seem intent on moving his $4 million salary after he quickly fell out of favor down the stretch last season (Toronto, however, has moved on by signing Francisco Cordero).
With a 2.56 ERA and 140/14 K/BB ratio in 109 innings during the past two seasons plenty of teams should be willing to take Uehara off the Rangers’ hands if the asking price is minimal.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)