Jan 25, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Uehara’s contract–which was signed with the Orioles–includes a limited no-trade clause consisting of six teams and unfortunately for the Rangers the Blue Jays are on the list.
According to Durrett the Rangers will continue to shop Uehara around, as they seem intent on moving his $4 million salary after he quickly fell out of favor down the stretch last season (Toronto, however, has moved on by signing Francisco Cordero).
With a 2.56 ERA and 140/14 K/BB ratio in 109 innings during the past two seasons plenty of teams should be willing to take Uehara off the Rangers’ hands if the asking price is minimal.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims