Jan 25, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Uehara’s contract–which was signed with the Orioles–includes a limited no-trade clause consisting of six teams and unfortunately for the Rangers the Blue Jays are on the list.
According to Durrett the Rangers will continue to shop Uehara around, as they seem intent on moving his $4 million salary after he quickly fell out of favor down the stretch last season (Toronto, however, has moved on by signing Francisco Cordero).
With a 2.56 ERA and 140/14 K/BB ratio in 109 innings during the past two seasons plenty of teams should be willing to take Uehara off the Rangers’ hands if the asking price is minimal.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 4
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76