Jan 25, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Uehara’s contract–which was signed with the Orioles–includes a limited no-trade clause consisting of six teams and unfortunately for the Rangers the Blue Jays are on the list.
According to Durrett the Rangers will continue to shop Uehara around, as they seem intent on moving his $4 million salary after he quickly fell out of favor down the stretch last season (Toronto, however, has moved on by signing Francisco Cordero).
With a 2.56 ERA and 140/14 K/BB ratio in 109 innings during the past two seasons plenty of teams should be willing to take Uehara off the Rangers’ hands if the asking price is minimal.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 26
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 89
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)