Jan 25, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
Valdez has topped 300 plate appearances in each of the past two seasons despite hitting just .254 with a .300 on-base percentage and .351 slugging percentage, but the 34-year-old figures to see much less action in Cincinnati.
Horst made his big-league debut with the Reds last season, appearing in 12 games, but at 26 years old he’s a marginal prospect with middle relief upside. In other words, he’s a fair return for Valdez.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)