Jan 25, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Cross another name off the list of potential arbitration hearings, as Robert Andino and the Orioles have compromised on a one-year deal.
Andino submitted a $1.6 million figure and the Orioles countered at $1 million, and according to Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun they settled at the $1.3 million midpoint.
Andino came into last season as a 27-year-old with just 440 career plate appearances, but was pressed into extended duty subbing for the injured Brian Roberts and came to the plate 511 times. He didn’t hit much, although his .263 batting average and .670 OPS were both significantly above his career norms.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)