Jan 25, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Anyway: Heyman says that the Red Sox have made an offer to Oswalt. No sense if he’ll take it or if, like an earlier offer from Detroit — he’ll turn it down. But if it’s been sitting out there for a bit it may explain that earlier stuff about people thinking that he’s leaning toward Texas or St. Louis despite Boston’s need for a starter.
Whatever the case, Oswalt will pitch someplace. Until then we’ll let you know what people kinda sorta think about all that.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)