Jan 25, 2012, 1:46 PM EST
Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com reports that left-hander Scott Olsen has agreed to a minor-league contract with the White Sox, who add some rotation depth in case they continue to trade more veteran pitchers.
Once upon a time Olsen was a top prospect and had a strong rookie season for the Marlins as a 22-year-old in 2006, but since then he’s been injured and ineffective with a 5.17 ERA in 522 innings.
Olsen didn’t pitch in the majors or minors last season after being cut by the Pirates and will have to show that he’s recovered from shoulder problems.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27