Jan 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Red Sox have made offers for Edwin Jackson and are presently in discussions with him and prefer him over Roy Oswalt according to source
Oh, I get it: it’s the old “we’ve made offers to two pitchers, and whoever accepts it first is our man” thing. Clever, Red Sox. Very clever.
At this rate, Jackson should jump at it. His asking price has gone down considerably since the offseason began, to the point where he is now looking at one-year deals. If he doesn’t sign one soon we may have to take back everything that was said yesterday about the genius of Scott Boras and ask again if he’s not having a bad offseason.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12