Jan 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Red Sox have made offers for Edwin Jackson and are presently in discussions with him and prefer him over Roy Oswalt according to source
Oh, I get it: it’s the old “we’ve made offers to two pitchers, and whoever accepts it first is our man” thing. Clever, Red Sox. Very clever.
At this rate, Jackson should jump at it. His asking price has gone down considerably since the offseason began, to the point where he is now looking at one-year deals. If he doesn’t sign one soon we may have to take back everything that was said yesterday about the genius of Scott Boras and ask again if he’s not having a bad offseason.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 17
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?