Jan 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Red Sox have made offers for Edwin Jackson and are presently in discussions with him and prefer him over Roy Oswalt according to source
Oh, I get it: it’s the old “we’ve made offers to two pitchers, and whoever accepts it first is our man” thing. Clever, Red Sox. Very clever.
At this rate, Jackson should jump at it. His asking price has gone down considerably since the offseason began, to the point where he is now looking at one-year deals. If he doesn’t sign one soon we may have to take back everything that was said yesterday about the genius of Scott Boras and ask again if he’s not having a bad offseason.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)