Jan 25, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Red Sox have made offers for Edwin Jackson and are presently in discussions with him and prefer him over Roy Oswalt according to source
Oh, I get it: it’s the old “we’ve made offers to two pitchers, and whoever accepts it first is our man” thing. Clever, Red Sox. Very clever.
At this rate, Jackson should jump at it. His asking price has gone down considerably since the offseason began, to the point where he is now looking at one-year deals. If he doesn’t sign one soon we may have to take back everything that was said yesterday about the genius of Scott Boras and ask again if he’s not having a bad offseason.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 14
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)