Jan 26, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
The deal also carries around $300,000 worth of performance-based incentives, meaning Hensley could push the total value of it to over $1 million.
Hensley had a rough 5.19 ERA and 46/30 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings last season for the Marlins, but the 27-year-old posted a promising 2.16 ERA and 77/29 K/BB ratio across 75 innings in 2010. And he owns a decent 3.94 career ERA.
Hensley might be best known for giving up Barry Bonds’ record-tying 755th home run back in 2007.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)