Jan 26, 2012, 10:01 PM EST
The deal also carries around $300,000 worth of performance-based incentives, meaning Hensley could push the total value of it to over $1 million.
Hensley had a rough 5.19 ERA and 46/30 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings last season for the Marlins, but the 27-year-old posted a promising 2.16 ERA and 77/29 K/BB ratio across 75 innings in 2010. And he owns a decent 3.94 career ERA.
Hensley might be best known for giving up Barry Bonds’ record-tying 755th home run back in 2007.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 23
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 18
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)