Jan 26, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
The deal also carries around $300,000 worth of performance-based incentives, meaning Hensley could push the total value of it to over $1 million.
Hensley had a rough 5.19 ERA and 46/30 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings last season for the Marlins, but the 27-year-old posted a promising 2.16 ERA and 77/29 K/BB ratio across 75 innings in 2010. And he owns a decent 3.94 career ERA.
Hensley might be best known for giving up Barry Bonds’ record-tying 755th home run back in 2007.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)