Jan 26, 2012, 10:01 PM EDT
The deal also carries around $300,000 worth of performance-based incentives, meaning Hensley could push the total value of it to over $1 million.
Hensley had a rough 5.19 ERA and 46/30 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings last season for the Marlins, but the 27-year-old posted a promising 2.16 ERA and 77/29 K/BB ratio across 75 innings in 2010. And he owns a decent 3.94 career ERA.
Hensley might be best known for giving up Barry Bonds’ record-tying 755th home run back in 2007.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29