Jan 26, 2012, 10:01 PM EST
The deal also carries around $300,000 worth of performance-based incentives, meaning Hensley could push the total value of it to over $1 million.
Hensley had a rough 5.19 ERA and 46/30 K/BB ratio in 67 2/3 innings last season for the Marlins, but the 27-year-old posted a promising 2.16 ERA and 77/29 K/BB ratio across 75 innings in 2010. And he owns a decent 3.94 career ERA.
Hensley might be best known for giving up Barry Bonds’ record-tying 755th home run back in 2007.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)