Jan 26, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Can’t see it here, but he’s rocking cornrows, which are pretty fantastic. His wife and kids were with him. Tigers owner Mike Ilitch presented Fielder’s wife with flowers. Fielder said that he messed up Scott Boras’ hair before the presser started. My view: pics or it didn’t happen.
Fielder’s initial comments were nothing special. Mike Ilitch mentioned Cecil Fielder and how he always used to talk about young Prince. And of course, the first question he was thrown was about him coming “full circle,” to Detroit, so that stuff is going to probably happen pretty constantly. It happens.
As far as how the deal came together: Ilitch pretty much admitted that the idea was his, and it was inspired by the loss of Victor Martinez for the year.
Oh, and below is Prince with his son. Who I want to take home with me because oh my God he’s adorable.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 3
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 36
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)