Jan 26, 2012, 2:16 PM EST
Can’t see it here, but he’s rocking cornrows, which are pretty fantastic. His wife and kids were with him. Tigers owner Mike Ilitch presented Fielder’s wife with flowers. Fielder said that he messed up Scott Boras’ hair before the presser started. My view: pics or it didn’t happen.
Fielder’s initial comments were nothing special. Mike Ilitch mentioned Cecil Fielder and how he always used to talk about young Prince. And of course, the first question he was thrown was about him coming “full circle,” to Detroit, so that stuff is going to probably happen pretty constantly. It happens.
As far as how the deal came together: Ilitch pretty much admitted that the idea was his, and it was inspired by the loss of Victor Martinez for the year.
Oh, and below is Prince with his son. Who I want to take home with me because oh my God he’s adorable.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 14
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)