Jan 26, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Can’t see it here, but he’s rocking cornrows, which are pretty fantastic. His wife and kids were with him. Tigers owner Mike Ilitch presented Fielder’s wife with flowers. Fielder said that he messed up Scott Boras’ hair before the presser started. My view: pics or it didn’t happen.
Fielder’s initial comments were nothing special. Mike Ilitch mentioned Cecil Fielder and how he always used to talk about young Prince. And of course, the first question he was thrown was about him coming “full circle,” to Detroit, so that stuff is going to probably happen pretty constantly. It happens.
As far as how the deal came together: Ilitch pretty much admitted that the idea was his, and it was inspired by the loss of Victor Martinez for the year.
Oh, and below is Prince with his son. Who I want to take home with me because oh my God he’s adorable.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 49
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 28
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)