Jan 26, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Can’t see it here, but he’s rocking cornrows, which are pretty fantastic. His wife and kids were with him. Tigers owner Mike Ilitch presented Fielder’s wife with flowers. Fielder said that he messed up Scott Boras’ hair before the presser started. My view: pics or it didn’t happen.
Fielder’s initial comments were nothing special. Mike Ilitch mentioned Cecil Fielder and how he always used to talk about young Prince. And of course, the first question he was thrown was about him coming “full circle,” to Detroit, so that stuff is going to probably happen pretty constantly. It happens.
As far as how the deal came together: Ilitch pretty much admitted that the idea was his, and it was inspired by the loss of Victor Martinez for the year.
Oh, and below is Prince with his son. Who I want to take home with me because oh my God he’s adorable.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)