Jan 26, 2012, 2:16 PM EDT
Can’t see it here, but he’s rocking cornrows, which are pretty fantastic. His wife and kids were with him. Tigers owner Mike Ilitch presented Fielder’s wife with flowers. Fielder said that he messed up Scott Boras’ hair before the presser started. My view: pics or it didn’t happen.
Fielder’s initial comments were nothing special. Mike Ilitch mentioned Cecil Fielder and how he always used to talk about young Prince. And of course, the first question he was thrown was about him coming “full circle,” to Detroit, so that stuff is going to probably happen pretty constantly. It happens.
As far as how the deal came together: Ilitch pretty much admitted that the idea was his, and it was inspired by the loss of Victor Martinez for the year.
Oh, and below is Prince with his son. Who I want to take home with me because oh my God he’s adorable.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 10
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 38
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 66
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)