Jan 26, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
I know a lot of you guys aren’t statheads — and some of you are downright hostile to sabermetrics — but there are a bunch of new stats created every day, and I can’t help but think that this collection of them will contains something for everyone. Such as:
OPSPA: On-base plus slugging plus batting average: Considered a more comprehensive measurement of batting efficiency because it adds more things to other things.
Bonus points for the Pat Underwood reference in the last one.
And note: I will be watching the comments carefully on this one. If by the 10th comment you don’t know who the sucker is, you’re the sucker.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)