Jan 26, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
I know a lot of you guys aren’t statheads — and some of you are downright hostile to sabermetrics — but there are a bunch of new stats created every day, and I can’t help but think that this collection of them will contains something for everyone. Such as:
OPSPA: On-base plus slugging plus batting average: Considered a more comprehensive measurement of batting efficiency because it adds more things to other things.
Bonus points for the Pat Underwood reference in the last one.
And note: I will be watching the comments carefully on this one. If by the 10th comment you don’t know who the sucker is, you’re the sucker.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8