Jan 26, 2012, 3:38 PM EST
“I’m confident in Miguel doing a good job. That’s where he started out, at third base.”
But maybe we shouldn’t mock. During that press conference, Jim Leyland made an allusion to Miguel Caberea losing weight and being just fine at third base. Then a recent picture of Miguel Cabrera — courtesy of his personal trainer Radhi Muhammad of 4.40 Fitness and Athlete Development – was forwarded to me. Check this out:
Mercy me. Two tickets to the gun show, please!
I have no idea if that translates to better-than-expected play at third base. But I’m just sayin’, maybe we need to revise this whole “the Tigers infield is fat” thing. Because it doesn’t seem to apply to Miguel Cabrera at the moment.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 28
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 79
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)