Jan 26, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
“I’m confident in Miguel doing a good job. That’s where he started out, at third base.”
But maybe we shouldn’t mock. During that press conference, Jim Leyland made an allusion to Miguel Caberea losing weight and being just fine at third base. Then a recent picture of Miguel Cabrera — courtesy of his personal trainer Radhi Muhammad of 4.40 Fitness and Athlete Development — was forwarded to me. Check this out:
Mercy me. Two tickets to the gun show, please!
I have no idea if that translates to better-than-expected play at third base. But I’m just sayin’, maybe we need to revise this whole “the Tigers infield is fat” thing. Because it doesn’t seem to apply to Miguel Cabrera at the moment.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20