Jan 26, 2012, 3:38 PM EDT
“I’m confident in Miguel doing a good job. That’s where he started out, at third base.”
But maybe we shouldn’t mock. During that press conference, Jim Leyland made an allusion to Miguel Caberea losing weight and being just fine at third base. Then a recent picture of Miguel Cabrera — courtesy of his personal trainer Radhi Muhammad of 4.40 Fitness and Athlete Development – was forwarded to me. Check this out:
Mercy me. Two tickets to the gun show, please!
I have no idea if that translates to better-than-expected play at third base. But I’m just sayin’, maybe we need to revise this whole “the Tigers infield is fat” thing. Because it doesn’t seem to apply to Miguel Cabrera at the moment.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)