Jan 26, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
It’s top-prospects season. The two lists I watch for each year are Jonathan Mayo’s at MLB.com and Keith Law’s at ESPN. Mayo just came out with his.
I was mildly surprised that he has Matt Moore in the top spot ahead of Bryce Harper. But only mildly. When you strip away the hype over Harper, you realize that Moore has already done way more at higher levels and that an ace lefty is more valuable at this point than a big but unproven bat. People’s mileage varies with this stuff.
Good interface, BTW, MLB.com. You can side-scroll through the whole list of 100 really easily and go from player to player without full page reloads as opposed to having to go through a big slide show or something.
Enjoy, prospect hounds.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)