Jan 26, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
It’s top-prospects season. The two lists I watch for each year are Jonathan Mayo’s at MLB.com and Keith Law’s at ESPN. Mayo just came out with his.
I was mildly surprised that he has Matt Moore in the top spot ahead of Bryce Harper. But only mildly. When you strip away the hype over Harper, you realize that Moore has already done way more at higher levels and that an ace lefty is more valuable at this point than a big but unproven bat. People’s mileage varies with this stuff.
Good interface, BTW, MLB.com. You can side-scroll through the whole list of 100 really easily and go from player to player without full page reloads as opposed to having to go through a big slide show or something.
Enjoy, prospect hounds.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)