Jan 26, 2012, 9:50 AM EDT
It’s top-prospects season. The two lists I watch for each year are Jonathan Mayo’s at MLB.com and Keith Law’s at ESPN. Mayo just came out with his.
I was mildly surprised that he has Matt Moore in the top spot ahead of Bryce Harper. But only mildly. When you strip away the hype over Harper, you realize that Moore has already done way more at higher levels and that an ace lefty is more valuable at this point than a big but unproven bat. People’s mileage varies with this stuff.
Good interface, BTW, MLB.com. You can side-scroll through the whole list of 100 really easily and go from player to player without full page reloads as opposed to having to go through a big slide show or something.
Enjoy, prospect hounds.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 31
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 37
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 47
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)