Jan 26, 2012, 8:34 PM EST
No word yet on the financial terms of the deal.
Arredondo, 27, posted a 3.23 ERA and 48/31 K/BB ratio in 53 innings last season out of the Cincinnati bullpen. If he develops better control, the Dominican reliever could again turn himself into a reliable setup man. He had a 1.62 ERA and 55/22 K/BB ratio across 61 innings in 2008 with the Angels.
Arredondo will be eligible for arbitration for the final time in 2014 before hitting the free agent market.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 37
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 34
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (78)