Jan 26, 2012, 8:34 PM EDT
No word yet on the financial terms of the deal.
Arredondo, 27, posted a 3.23 ERA and 48/31 K/BB ratio in 53 innings last season out of the Cincinnati bullpen. If he develops better control, the Dominican reliever could again turn himself into a reliable setup man. He had a 1.62 ERA and 55/22 K/BB ratio across 61 innings in 2008 with the Angels.
Arredondo will be eligible for arbitration for the final time in 2014 before hitting the free agent market.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)