Jan 26, 2012, 8:34 PM EST
No word yet on the financial terms of the deal.
Arredondo, 27, posted a 3.23 ERA and 48/31 K/BB ratio in 53 innings last season out of the Cincinnati bullpen. If he develops better control, the Dominican reliever could again turn himself into a reliable setup man. He had a 1.62 ERA and 55/22 K/BB ratio across 61 innings in 2008 with the Angels.
Arredondo will be eligible for arbitration for the final time in 2014 before hitting the free agent market.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)