Jan 26, 2012, 8:34 PM EDT
No word yet on the financial terms of the deal.
Arredondo, 27, posted a 3.23 ERA and 48/31 K/BB ratio in 53 innings last season out of the Cincinnati bullpen. If he develops better control, the Dominican reliever could again turn himself into a reliable setup man. He had a 1.62 ERA and 55/22 K/BB ratio across 61 innings in 2008 with the Angels.
Arredondo will be eligible for arbitration for the final time in 2014 before hitting the free agent market.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 9
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 87
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 63
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (96)