Jan 26, 2012, 8:34 PM EDT
No word yet on the financial terms of the deal.
Arredondo, 27, posted a 3.23 ERA and 48/31 K/BB ratio in 53 innings last season out of the Cincinnati bullpen. If he develops better control, the Dominican reliever could again turn himself into a reliable setup man. He had a 1.62 ERA and 55/22 K/BB ratio across 61 innings in 2008 with the Angels.
Arredondo will be eligible for arbitration for the final time in 2014 before hitting the free agent market.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)