Jan 26, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
For the last two days we’ve been talking about Roy Oswalt, the Red Sox, Cardinals and Rangers. It sounds like he’s leaning toward the latter two. Now, after this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it sound like the latter one.
Hearing that Cards made bid approaching $5M on Oswalt weeks ago but not likely happening. Rangers probably win, at $2-3M more w/perks.
Oswalt at the $8 million or so we’ve been hearing about him asking for is enough of a bargain. I really can’t see him having to settle for something “approaching $5 million.” A courtesy bid from the Cardinals, it would seem. A shot in the dark in case everything else falls through.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles