Jan 26, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
For the last two days we’ve been talking about Roy Oswalt, the Red Sox, Cardinals and Rangers. It sounds like he’s leaning toward the latter two. Now, after this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it sound like the latter one.
Hearing that Cards made bid approaching $5M on Oswalt weeks ago but not likely happening. Rangers probably win, at $2-3M more w/perks.
Oswalt at the $8 million or so we’ve been hearing about him asking for is enough of a bargain. I really can’t see him having to settle for something “approaching $5 million.” A courtesy bid from the Cardinals, it would seem. A shot in the dark in case everything else falls through.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)