Jan 26, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
For the last two days we’ve been talking about Roy Oswalt, the Red Sox, Cardinals and Rangers. It sounds like he’s leaning toward the latter two. Now, after this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it sound like the latter one.
Hearing that Cards made bid approaching $5M on Oswalt weeks ago but not likely happening. Rangers probably win, at $2-3M more w/perks.
Oswalt at the $8 million or so we’ve been hearing about him asking for is enough of a bargain. I really can’t see him having to settle for something “approaching $5 million.” A courtesy bid from the Cardinals, it would seem. A shot in the dark in case everything else falls through.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (113)