Jan 26, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
For the last two days we’ve been talking about Roy Oswalt, the Red Sox, Cardinals and Rangers. It sounds like he’s leaning toward the latter two. Now, after this tweet from Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it sound like the latter one.
Hearing that Cards made bid approaching $5M on Oswalt weeks ago but not likely happening. Rangers probably win, at $2-3M more w/perks.
Oswalt at the $8 million or so we’ve been hearing about him asking for is enough of a bargain. I really can’t see him having to settle for something “approaching $5 million.” A courtesy bid from the Cardinals, it would seem. A shot in the dark in case everything else falls through.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12