Jan 26, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Edwin Jackson‘s free agent expectations have gone down as the winter has dragged on. In recent days we’ve even heard-tell that he’d consider a one-year deal. But never fear, Edwin! Dan Connolly reports that the Orioles may come riding to the rescue:
In fact, I’ve been told the club would consider a four-year deal for Jackson (something the Orioles and/or EVP Dan Duquette wouldn’t usually do for free agent pitchers) given the fact he is only 28. So, yes, they have interest in Jackson.
Connolly says that it’s a longshot given the Red Sox’ reported interest, but I don’t know if I’d be so pessimistic about it. Jackson has bounced around from team to team over the past several years. One would think that if someone were willing to commit to him for four years that he’d jump at the chance, no?
Whatever the case, anyone wanna take any bets on how Jackson would do in the AL East? Between the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays, an Orioles pitcher has to be efficient and throw strikes or else he’s doomed. And that’s not exactly Jackson’s game.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 42
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut