Jan 26, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Edwin Jackson‘s free agent expectations have gone down as the winter has dragged on. In recent days we’ve even heard-tell that he’d consider a one-year deal. But never fear, Edwin! Dan Connolly reports that the Orioles may come riding to the rescue:
In fact, I’ve been told the club would consider a four-year deal for Jackson (something the Orioles and/or EVP Dan Duquette wouldn’t usually do for free agent pitchers) given the fact he is only 28. So, yes, they have interest in Jackson.
Connolly says that it’s a longshot given the Red Sox’ reported interest, but I don’t know if I’d be so pessimistic about it. Jackson has bounced around from team to team over the past several years. One would think that if someone were willing to commit to him for four years that he’d jump at the chance, no?
Whatever the case, anyone wanna take any bets on how Jackson would do in the AL East? Between the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays, an Orioles pitcher has to be efficient and throw strikes or else he’s doomed. And that’s not exactly Jackson’s game.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 11
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)