Jan 26, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Edwin Jackson‘s free agent expectations have gone down as the winter has dragged on. In recent days we’ve even heard-tell that he’d consider a one-year deal. But never fear, Edwin! Dan Connolly reports that the Orioles may come riding to the rescue:
In fact, I’ve been told the club would consider a four-year deal for Jackson (something the Orioles and/or EVP Dan Duquette wouldn’t usually do for free agent pitchers) given the fact he is only 28. So, yes, they have interest in Jackson.
Connolly says that it’s a longshot given the Red Sox’ reported interest, but I don’t know if I’d be so pessimistic about it. Jackson has bounced around from team to team over the past several years. One would think that if someone were willing to commit to him for four years that he’d jump at the chance, no?
Whatever the case, anyone wanna take any bets on how Jackson would do in the AL East? Between the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays, an Orioles pitcher has to be efficient and throw strikes or else he’s doomed. And that’s not exactly Jackson’s game.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)