Jan 26, 2012, 9:28 AM EDT
Edwin Jackson‘s free agent expectations have gone down as the winter has dragged on. In recent days we’ve even heard-tell that he’d consider a one-year deal. But never fear, Edwin! Dan Connolly reports that the Orioles may come riding to the rescue:
In fact, I’ve been told the club would consider a four-year deal for Jackson (something the Orioles and/or EVP Dan Duquette wouldn’t usually do for free agent pitchers) given the fact he is only 28. So, yes, they have interest in Jackson.
Connolly says that it’s a longshot given the Red Sox’ reported interest, but I don’t know if I’d be so pessimistic about it. Jackson has bounced around from team to team over the past several years. One would think that if someone were willing to commit to him for four years that he’d jump at the chance, no?
Whatever the case, anyone wanna take any bets on how Jackson would do in the AL East? Between the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays, an Orioles pitcher has to be efficient and throw strikes or else he’s doomed. And that’s not exactly Jackson’s game.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 9
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)