Jan 26, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
The Prince Fielder contract is now official. And the terms were pretty much what was reported: $23 million in each of the next two seasons and $24 million per season over the final seven years of the contract. A total of $214 million over nine.
The real significance of this, however, is that this will be the last time we have cause to use this wonderful pic of Prince Fielder in a post. At 2pm today, Prince will awkwardly put a Tigers jersey on over a button down shirt, smile and talk about how great it will be to play in Detroit. Sad, really. I liked this pic.
Oh, and this is awesome.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)