Jan 26, 2012, 11:05 AM EST
The Prince Fielder contract is now official. And the terms were pretty much what was reported: $23 million in each of the next two seasons and $24 million per season over the final seven years of the contract. A total of $214 million over nine.
The real significance of this, however, is that this will be the last time we have cause to use this wonderful pic of Prince Fielder in a post. At 2pm today, Prince will awkwardly put a Tigers jersey on over a button down shirt, smile and talk about how great it will be to play in Detroit. Sad, really. I liked this pic.
Oh, and this is awesome.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (87)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)