Jan 26, 2012, 11:05 AM EST
The Prince Fielder contract is now official. And the terms were pretty much what was reported: $23 million in each of the next two seasons and $24 million per season over the final seven years of the contract. A total of $214 million over nine.
The real significance of this, however, is that this will be the last time we have cause to use this wonderful pic of Prince Fielder in a post. At 2pm today, Prince will awkwardly put a Tigers jersey on over a button down shirt, smile and talk about how great it will be to play in Detroit. Sad, really. I liked this pic.
Oh, and this is awesome.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)