Jan 26, 2012, 11:05 AM EDT
The Prince Fielder contract is now official. And the terms were pretty much what was reported: $23 million in each of the next two seasons and $24 million per season over the final seven years of the contract. A total of $214 million over nine.
The real significance of this, however, is that this will be the last time we have cause to use this wonderful pic of Prince Fielder in a post. At 2pm today, Prince will awkwardly put a Tigers jersey on over a button down shirt, smile and talk about how great it will be to play in Detroit. Sad, really. I liked this pic.
Oh, and this is awesome.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 44
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 60
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)