Jan 26, 2012, 11:05 AM EST
The Prince Fielder contract is now official. And the terms were pretty much what was reported: $23 million in each of the next two seasons and $24 million per season over the final seven years of the contract. A total of $214 million over nine.
The real significance of this, however, is that this will be the last time we have cause to use this wonderful pic of Prince Fielder in a post. At 2pm today, Prince will awkwardly put a Tigers jersey on over a button down shirt, smile and talk about how great it will be to play in Detroit. Sad, really. I liked this pic.
Oh, and this is awesome.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)