Peter Moylan can’t possibly be in the Best Shape of His Life, can he?

Jan 27, 2012, 8:55 AM EST

I don’t follow many ballplayers on Twitter. One I do follow for some reason, however, is Braves reliever Peter Moylan. I don’t know why, i just do.

Moylan is Australian, but he does one thing that is absolutely American: he eats at Waffle House.  Good man, too.  If you’re gonna have breakfast, you shouldn’t accept it any other way than scattered, smothered, covered and chunked.  And if you have to ask, well, there’s no helping you, brospeh.

But it is possible to have too much of a good thing, right? Here’s Moylan tweeting this morning:

source:

In his defense, he tweeted back to me that this is pre-workout food. And the absence of sausage gravy, while sad, does suggest that he’s going for a protein load here, so good for him.  Maybe he is in The Best Shape of His Life after all.

1. PanchoHerreraFanClub - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

One of the best things about BSOHL is that a variable measurement. I mean the bar is a lot lower for say, Zambrano and Fielder than Jeter or A-Rod. So while Jeter eating at the Waffle House might cause him to slip a notch or two below the BSOHL for Moylan it could be “healthy” eating and help him reach the lofty status of BSOHL. Remember according to Jim Bouton the breakfast of champions is two fried eggs and a bottle of beer.

2. umrguy42 - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Eh, breakfast, I guess, but I’m of the opinion that the ONLY proper time to eat at Waffle House is 2am. No exceptions.

• trevorb06 - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM

The Waffle House slogan: It’s 2 am… still time to make one more bad decision.

• aceshigh11 - Jan 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Man, that is AWESOME.

3. thelucasjj - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Glad to see he went with the pork chop. It may be a grade above horse eat, or actually is horse meat, but I love a greasy Waffle House pork chop with breakfast.

• Jonny 5 - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:38 AM

I’m pretty sure that’s chicken breast. With his obvious taste for Chicken AND eggs, I’d say the SD chicken won’t be welcoming him to the Padres any time soon. Well he may, once he gets his rifle mounted scope zeroed in anyway..

• thelucasjj - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:44 AM

I believe you are right. My lust for Waffle House pork chops has gotten the best of me again.

• Jonny 5 - Jan 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM

lol! It happens to the best of us.

4. churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:16 AM

And in case you’ve never been to a Waffle House, this sums it up nicely:

• trevorb06 - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:28 AM

You beat me to it!

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I think I’ve watched that clip about 4x today alone after this post. Time to watch his others as well.

• trevorb06 - Jan 27, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I’ve watched that whole routine at least 30 times.

• mcsnide - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM

My last trip to a Waffle House was 12 years ago. I sat at the counter and watched the line cook cut raw meat with a knife, wipe it off on his apron, then use the same knife to cut some dude’s grilled cheese sandwich. I didn’t bother to finish my meal.

• trevorb06 - Jan 27, 2012 at 10:50 AM

One thing you’ll never hear at a Waffle House, “Hey, good job cleaning.”

5. sportsdrenched.com - Jan 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM

W/o weighing the mystery meat I’d say that’s probably 500-600 calories. Unless he downed some OJ, or put sugar in his coffee there’s no sugar, and that’s a relativly lean meat. If he’s headed to the work facility that’s a better breakfast than a pop tart.

6. jwbiii - Jan 27, 2012 at 12:40 PM

He just wants to look good in that little black dress.

7. foreverchipper10 - Jan 27, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Not the picture from the Braves Christmas card!!!! AHHHH!!!

• jwbiii - Jan 27, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Did the Braves really include this

in their Christmas card? That’s either cool or disturbing or both.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester