Jan 27, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
We’ve pretty much beat the whole Prince Fielder-to-Detroit, Miguel Cabrera-to-third base stuff into the ground, but I think there’s room for one more little nugget. From Michael Rosenberg’s story about it all in the Detroit Free Press:
Cabrera wants to play the field; when I asked him last week what he wanted to improve most this off-season, he said he has a goal of winning a Gold Glove.
You may call Cabrera crazy, but remember: Derek Jeter has like a half dozen of them, so we know that defensive proficiency isn’t a prerequisite for winning a Gold Glove.
I’m rooting for this, actually.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 115
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (115)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)