Jan 27, 2012, 4:45 PM EDT
Looks like the Giants are looking at a youth movement. Hank Schulman on Twitter:
Next name to watch for Giants: Xavier Nady. There’s some mutual interest, but almost certainly on a minor-league deal + invite.
He could be a useful bat depending on his health, but coming off a 248/.287/.359 season, he’s not exactly a tonic for the the “why isn’t our team doing anything of note this offseason”-itis which is currently plaguing every Giants fan I know.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)