Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Jackson has multiple three-year offers on the table. It’s not clear who the offers are from, but there was a report earlier this week that the Orioles would consider a four-year deal.
Rosenthal also notes that Jackson could accept a one-year deal and try his luck on the free agent market again next winter. Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported earlier this week that the Red Sox are believed to be one of a few teams who Jackson would sign a one-year deal with. However, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com called them a “long-shot” possibility this morning. Interestingly, Rosenthal hears that the Cardinals have inquired about Jackson in recent days.
Jackson, 28, went 12-9 with a 3.79 ERA and 148/62 K/BB ratio over 199 2/3 innings between the White Sox and Cardinals last season. He has a 3.96 ERA over the past three seasons.
UPDATE: Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun writes that it “doesn’t look like” the Orioles would offer Edwin Jackson a four-year deal, but three years with an option is possible. It will all depend on the money.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)