Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Jackson has multiple three-year offers on the table. It’s not clear who the offers are from, but there was a report earlier this week that the Orioles would consider a four-year deal.
Rosenthal also notes that Jackson could accept a one-year deal and try his luck on the free agent market again next winter. Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported earlier this week that the Red Sox are believed to be one of a few teams who Jackson would sign a one-year deal with. However, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com called them a “long-shot” possibility this morning. Interestingly, Rosenthal hears that the Cardinals have inquired about Jackson in recent days.
Jackson, 28, went 12-9 with a 3.79 ERA and 148/62 K/BB ratio over 199 2/3 innings between the White Sox and Cardinals last season. He has a 3.96 ERA over the past three seasons.
UPDATE: Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun writes that it “doesn’t look like” the Orioles would offer Edwin Jackson a four-year deal, but three years with an option is possible. It will all depend on the money.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 44
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)