Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Jackson has multiple three-year offers on the table. It’s not clear who the offers are from, but there was a report earlier this week that the Orioles would consider a four-year deal.
Rosenthal also notes that Jackson could accept a one-year deal and try his luck on the free agent market again next winter. Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported earlier this week that the Red Sox are believed to be one of a few teams who Jackson would sign a one-year deal with. However, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com called them a “long-shot” possibility this morning. Interestingly, Rosenthal hears that the Cardinals have inquired about Jackson in recent days.
Jackson, 28, went 12-9 with a 3.79 ERA and 148/62 K/BB ratio over 199 2/3 innings between the White Sox and Cardinals last season. He has a 3.96 ERA over the past three seasons.
UPDATE: Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun writes that it “doesn’t look like” the Orioles would offer Edwin Jackson a four-year deal, but three years with an option is possible. It will all depend on the money.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)