Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Jackson has multiple three-year offers on the table. It’s not clear who the offers are from, but there was a report earlier this week that the Orioles would consider a four-year deal.
Rosenthal also notes that Jackson could accept a one-year deal and try his luck on the free agent market again next winter. Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported earlier this week that the Red Sox are believed to be one of a few teams who Jackson would sign a one-year deal with. However, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com called them a “long-shot” possibility this morning. Interestingly, Rosenthal hears that the Cardinals have inquired about Jackson in recent days.
Jackson, 28, went 12-9 with a 3.79 ERA and 148/62 K/BB ratio over 199 2/3 innings between the White Sox and Cardinals last season. He has a 3.96 ERA over the past three seasons.
UPDATE: Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun writes that it “doesn’t look like” the Orioles would offer Edwin Jackson a four-year deal, but three years with an option is possible. It will all depend on the money.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)