Jan 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Jackson has multiple three-year offers on the table. It’s not clear who the offers are from, but there was a report earlier this week that the Orioles would consider a four-year deal.
Rosenthal also notes that Jackson could accept a one-year deal and try his luck on the free agent market again next winter. Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reported earlier this week that the Red Sox are believed to be one of a few teams who Jackson would sign a one-year deal with. However, Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com called them a “long-shot” possibility this morning. Interestingly, Rosenthal hears that the Cardinals have inquired about Jackson in recent days.
Jackson, 28, went 12-9 with a 3.79 ERA and 148/62 K/BB ratio over 199 2/3 innings between the White Sox and Cardinals last season. He has a 3.96 ERA over the past three seasons.
UPDATE: Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun writes that it “doesn’t look like” the Orioles would offer Edwin Jackson a four-year deal, but three years with an option is possible. It will all depend on the money.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 12
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)