Jan 28, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
ESPNDallas.com has the clip, which shows Roger Clemens throwing a couple of pitches in a game pitting former University of Texas Longhorns against the current squad. After striking out two in a perfect inning, Clemens discussed the Hall of Fame.
“Well, it’d be fantastic. I’ve said many times there’s little pieces of me there because I’ve had some spectacular games,” he stated.
The possibility of a comeback didn’t come up, even though the 49-year-old Clemens is just a few months older than Jamie Moyer. Clemens, who won 354 games in 24 seasons, will be eligible for the Hall of Fame for the first time next year, but he and Barry Bonds are both likely to miss the cut because of their steroid controversies.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)