Jan 28, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
Nothing, as long as they are wearing a Dodgers’ hat. Confused? Hang with me for a second.
You see, Don Mattingly and his son, Preston, were invited to participate in a “trick shot” video with some other local sports stars from Evansville, Indiana. The group calls themselves “Trickwinkle.”
Among the various trick shots, Preston makes one from the top of a fire department ladder truck. Some organizations might not be too thrilled about one of their farmhands taking part in a potentially dangerous stunt, but keep in mind that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has a habit of rappelling down buildings.
According to the website of the local NBC affiliate, Trickwinkle raised $1,000 for the Evansville’ Boys and Girls Club through sponsorships and t-shirt sales, so mission accomplished, I guess.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)