Jan 28, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
Nothing, as long as they are wearing a Dodgers’ hat. Confused? Hang with me for a second.
You see, Don Mattingly and his son, Preston, were invited to participate in a “trick shot” video with some other local sports stars from Evansville, Indiana. The group calls themselves “Trickwinkle.”
Among the various trick shots, Preston makes one from the top of a fire department ladder truck. Some organizations might not be too thrilled about one of their farmhands taking part in a potentially dangerous stunt, but keep in mind that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has a habit of rappelling down buildings.
According to the website of the local NBC affiliate, Trickwinkle raised $1,000 for the Evansville’ Boys and Girls Club through sponsorships and t-shirt sales, so mission accomplished, I guess.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 23
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)