Jan 28, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Nothing, as long as they are wearing a Dodgers’ hat. Confused? Hang with me for a second.
You see, Don Mattingly and his son, Preston, were invited to participate in a “trick shot” video with some other local sports stars from Evansville, Indiana. The group calls themselves “Trickwinkle.”
Among the various trick shots, Preston makes one from the top of a fire department ladder truck. Some organizations might not be too thrilled about one of their farmhands taking part in a potentially dangerous stunt, but keep in mind that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has a habit of rappelling down buildings.
According to the website of the local NBC affiliate, Trickwinkle raised $1,000 for the Evansville’ Boys and Girls Club through sponsorships and t-shirt sales, so mission accomplished, I guess.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 5
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)