Jan 28, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Nothing, as long as they are wearing a Dodgers’ hat. Confused? Hang with me for a second.
You see, Don Mattingly and his son, Preston, were invited to participate in a “trick shot” video with some other local sports stars from Evansville, Indiana. The group calls themselves “Trickwinkle.”
Among the various trick shots, Preston makes one from the top of a fire department ladder truck. Some organizations might not be too thrilled about one of their farmhands taking part in a potentially dangerous stunt, but keep in mind that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has a habit of rappelling down buildings.
According to the website of the local NBC affiliate, Trickwinkle raised $1,000 for the Evansville’ Boys and Girls Club through sponsorships and t-shirt sales, so mission accomplished, I guess.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)