Jan 29, 2012, 5:25 PM EST
It’s been nearly six months since Brewers second baseman Rickie Weeks suffered a severe left ankle sprain. And he’s still in recovery mode.
Weeks was able to return from the injury last season, but he batted just .243 with a .743 OPS over his final 46 regular-season plate appearances and went 6-for-41 (.146) in the playoffs.
Weeks talked about his ongoing rehab Sunday afternoon at the Brewers’ fan convention (via Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel):
“I’m almost at 100 percent. Very close,” Weeks said at “Brewers On Deck” at the Frontier Airlines Center in downtown Milwaukee. “Still doing rehab back home, and doing precautionary stuff to get ready for spring training.
They kind of warned me that something like this would probably take some time. The baseball activities, I can do everything. Just a little strengthening here with all the muscles around the ankle. But I’m pretty optimistic about it.”
The 29-year-old Weeks has tallied 49 home runs, 58 doubles and 132 RBI over the past two seasons.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)