Jan 30, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Dmitri Young’s comeback hasn’t found a home yet, but Jim Bowden of ESPN.com reports that the 38-year-old recently worked out for the Phillies.
Young hasn’t played in the majors since 2008, so it’s a long shot, but hitting was never the reason for his demise and he’s dropped 75 pounds.
According to Bowden the Phillies were impressed by Young’s workout, but there’s no word yet if they’re interested in actually signing him to what would presumably be a minor-league contract.
In the meantime he’ll continue to eat one piece of pecan pie and “call it a day.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)