Jan 30, 2012, 1:47 PM EST
Dmitri Young’s comeback hasn’t found a home yet, but Jim Bowden of ESPN.com reports that the 38-year-old recently worked out for the Phillies.
Young hasn’t played in the majors since 2008, so it’s a long shot, but hitting was never the reason for his demise and he’s dropped 75 pounds.
According to Bowden the Phillies were impressed by Young’s workout, but there’s no word yet if they’re interested in actually signing him to what would presumably be a minor-league contract.
In the meantime he’ll continue to eat one piece of pecan pie and “call it a day.”
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)