Jan 30, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
I only run (a) when there’s 70+ episodes of good TV on Netflix I can watch on my treadmill; or (b) when chased. Marlins President David Samson will run for different reasons:
Miami Marlins president David Samson plans to run 50 miles in one day for charity to honor construction workers who built the Marlins’ new ballpark, which opens this season. Ten charities will be chosen, and the event has already raised more than $500,000 for them, the Marlins said Monday.
Not sure how that connects to the construction workers, but charity is charity.
Next up: Marlins owner Jeff Loria to run 515 million miles in honor of the Miami-Dade taxpayers who are getting soaked in order to give him his gigantic, garish (stately?) pleasure dome.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)