Jan 30, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
I only run (a) when there’s 70+ episodes of good TV on Netflix I can watch on my treadmill; or (b) when chased. Marlins President David Samson will run for different reasons:
Miami Marlins president David Samson plans to run 50 miles in one day for charity to honor construction workers who built the Marlins’ new ballpark, which opens this season. Ten charities will be chosen, and the event has already raised more than $500,000 for them, the Marlins said Monday.
Not sure how that connects to the construction workers, but charity is charity.
Next up: Marlins owner Jeff Loria to run 515 million miles in honor of the Miami-Dade taxpayers who are getting soaked in order to give him his gigantic, garish (stately?) pleasure dome.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 39
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 40
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 26
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)