Jan 30, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
I only run (a) when there’s 70+ episodes of good TV on Netflix I can watch on my treadmill; or (b) when chased. Marlins President David Samson will run for different reasons:
Miami Marlins president David Samson plans to run 50 miles in one day for charity to honor construction workers who built the Marlins’ new ballpark, which opens this season. Ten charities will be chosen, and the event has already raised more than $500,000 for them, the Marlins said Monday.
Not sure how that connects to the construction workers, but charity is charity.
Next up: Marlins owner Jeff Loria to run 515 million miles in honor of the Miami-Dade taxpayers who are getting soaked in order to give him his gigantic, garish (stately?) pleasure dome.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29