Jan 30, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
I only run (a) when there’s 70+ episodes of good TV on Netflix I can watch on my treadmill; or (b) when chased. Marlins President David Samson will run for different reasons:
Miami Marlins president David Samson plans to run 50 miles in one day for charity to honor construction workers who built the Marlins’ new ballpark, which opens this season. Ten charities will be chosen, and the event has already raised more than $500,000 for them, the Marlins said Monday.
Not sure how that connects to the construction workers, but charity is charity.
Next up: Marlins owner Jeff Loria to run 515 million miles in honor of the Miami-Dade taxpayers who are getting soaked in order to give him his gigantic, garish (stately?) pleasure dome.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)