Jan 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
I know some of you don’t like these posts, but if it helps, I don’t do this because I enjoy it. I do it because I feel I am providing an invaluable service. In other words, I may not be the lazy meme-perpetuator that Gotham wants, but I am the lazy meme-perpetuator that Gotham needs.
And the durable [Miguel] Olivo, who says he’s in the best shape of his life after an offseason of working out at his home in Modesto, Calif., doesn’t have an issue with helping a young prodigy learn that craft.
So there’s that.
Proposal: let’s get deeper into the BSOHL thing. I’m thinking an investigative angle, where the reporter pulls the ballplayer’s high school records to see if it’s really possible that a 33 year-old man with lots of miles behind the plate is truly in better shape than when he was a strapping young lad of 17.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 11
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)