Jan 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
I know some of you don’t like these posts, but if it helps, I don’t do this because I enjoy it. I do it because I feel I am providing an invaluable service. In other words, I may not be the lazy meme-perpetuator that Gotham wants, but I am the lazy meme-perpetuator that Gotham needs.
And the durable [Miguel] Olivo, who says he’s in the best shape of his life after an offseason of working out at his home in Modesto, Calif., doesn’t have an issue with helping a young prodigy learn that craft.
So there’s that.
Proposal: let’s get deeper into the BSOHL thing. I’m thinking an investigative angle, where the reporter pulls the ballplayer’s high school records to see if it’s really possible that a 33 year-old man with lots of miles behind the plate is truly in better shape than when he was a strapping young lad of 17.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)