Jan 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
I know some of you don’t like these posts, but if it helps, I don’t do this because I enjoy it. I do it because I feel I am providing an invaluable service. In other words, I may not be the lazy meme-perpetuator that Gotham wants, but I am the lazy meme-perpetuator that Gotham needs.
And the durable [Miguel] Olivo, who says he’s in the best shape of his life after an offseason of working out at his home in Modesto, Calif., doesn’t have an issue with helping a young prodigy learn that craft.
So there’s that.
Proposal: let’s get deeper into the BSOHL thing. I’m thinking an investigative angle, where the reporter pulls the ballplayer’s high school records to see if it’s really possible that a 33 year-old man with lots of miles behind the plate is truly in better shape than when he was a strapping young lad of 17.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (206)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)