Jan 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
I know some of you don’t like these posts, but if it helps, I don’t do this because I enjoy it. I do it because I feel I am providing an invaluable service. In other words, I may not be the lazy meme-perpetuator that Gotham wants, but I am the lazy meme-perpetuator that Gotham needs.
And the durable [Miguel] Olivo, who says he’s in the best shape of his life after an offseason of working out at his home in Modesto, Calif., doesn’t have an issue with helping a young prodigy learn that craft.
So there’s that.
Proposal: let’s get deeper into the BSOHL thing. I’m thinking an investigative angle, where the reporter pulls the ballplayer’s high school records to see if it’s really possible that a 33 year-old man with lots of miles behind the plate is truly in better shape than when he was a strapping young lad of 17.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)