Jan 30, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
Back in November we had our first Best Shape of His Life post of the offseason. It wasn’t a true BSOHL post, just some foreshadowing, as we learned that Yankees pitcher Phil Hughes was going to be in the BSOHL.
But now we have sweet, sweet closure! From Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York:
The Yankees have sent personnel to see Hughes in California this winter and, while they didn’t ask Hughes to strip down to check out what type of shape he is in, the reports are that he looks “great.”
It’s not total closure yet. That comes when all the reporters get to spring training in a few weeks and talk about how so-and-so “looks great” on a first-hand basis, not via word-of-mouth. If that happens with Hughes — and it will, because that’s how the Yankees’ press corps rolls — we will have what I think is first-ever BSOHL trifecta. So yes, I’m excited.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)