Jan 30, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
Back in November we had our first Best Shape of His Life post of the offseason. It wasn’t a true BSOHL post, just some foreshadowing, as we learned that Yankees pitcher Phil Hughes was going to be in the BSOHL.
But now we have sweet, sweet closure! From Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York:
The Yankees have sent personnel to see Hughes in California this winter and, while they didn’t ask Hughes to strip down to check out what type of shape he is in, the reports are that he looks “great.”
It’s not total closure yet. That comes when all the reporters get to spring training in a few weeks and talk about how so-and-so “looks great” on a first-hand basis, not via word-of-mouth. If that happens with Hughes — and it will, because that’s how the Yankees’ press corps rolls — we will have what I think is first-ever BSOHL trifecta. So yes, I’m excited.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)