Jan 30, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Matt Stairs, who retired in August after being released by the Nationals in his 19th big-league season, has already found a new gig as a part-time television analyst for the Red Sox’s local broadcasts.
Stairs will serve as a studio analyst for NESN, which also hired Jenny Dell away from ESPN.com to replace Heidi Watney as their sideline reporter.
Stairs is from Canada, but the Red Sox are one of the 12 teams he played for–albeit for just 39 games in 1995–and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe notes that the 43-year-old has been coaching high school baseball in Maine.
“Swing really hard.” – what I imagine him telling every single hitter every single day.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (86)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)