Jan 30, 2012, 3:25 PM EDT
Matt Stairs, who retired in August after being released by the Nationals in his 19th big-league season, has already found a new gig as a part-time television analyst for the Red Sox’s local broadcasts.
Stairs will serve as a studio analyst for NESN, which also hired Jenny Dell away from ESPN.com to replace Heidi Watney as their sideline reporter.
Stairs is from Canada, but the Red Sox are one of the 12 teams he played for–albeit for just 39 games in 1995–and Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe notes that the 43-year-old has been coaching high school baseball in Maine.
“Swing really hard.” – what I imagine him telling every single hitter every single day.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)