Jan 30, 2012, 7:29 PM EST
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the situation “remains ongoing and unresolved.” Meanwhile, Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com described it as an “exploratory meeting.” It’s probably fair to say that a contract was discussed today, but it’s also possible that they were talking about the logistics of a moon colony.
While the Rangers and Cardinals have full starting rotations at the moment, it seems pretty clear that both clubs have interest if the price is right. Rumors of a potential deal with St. Louis over the weekend turned out to be unfounded, but the club is reportedly trying to trade right-hander Kyle McClellan in order to clear some salary.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)