Jan 30, 2012, 7:29 PM EDT
T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that the situation “remains ongoing and unresolved.” Meanwhile, Richard Durrett of ESPNDallas.com described it as an “exploratory meeting.” It’s probably fair to say that a contract was discussed today, but it’s also possible that they were talking about the logistics of a moon colony.
While the Rangers and Cardinals have full starting rotations at the moment, it seems pretty clear that both clubs have interest if the price is right. Rumors of a potential deal with St. Louis over the weekend turned out to be unfounded, but the club is reportedly trying to trade right-hander Kyle McClellan in order to clear some salary.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 17
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)