The Rotoworld Draft Guide is now available

Jan 30, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT

Buy Now

Little known fact: like “Maude,” “Trapper John M.D.” and “Laverne and Shirley,” HardballTalk is a spinoff. Well, sorta.  Our roots are certainly elsewhere, as every writer up in this thing either wrote or currently writes for Rotoworld.  Well, not me. I’m lazy. But all the other guys do.

And the coolest thing Rotoworld does apart from being awesome on a daily basis is putting out its annual Draft Guide. The Draft Guide that is now on sale.  Seriously: go here and get it.

In it: tons of analysis, projections, and profiles for over 1,000 players ranging down to A-ball.  Articles covering prospects, keeper-league strategies, mock drafts, sleepers and busts. There are customizable, printable cheat sheets, updated depth charts for all teams and all manner of other goodness.

Though I am too lazy for most things, I did do two articles in it. One is my 2012 “Year in Preview” in which I make hilarious (well, I think they are) predictions of what might come to pass this year.  The other is the top 25 moves of the offseason. Bonus: if you order the online version instead of buying the guide at the store, you actually can see that I acknowledged the Prince Fielder deal! Print deadlines are awesome!

But my stuff is just for the fun of it. The real appeal, here is for fantasy players.  It’s chock full ‘o the kind of goodness you need to pwn your leagues.  Aaron, Matthew, D.J., Drew and many others worked a ton of hours to put this bad boy together.  It’s great stuff.

So go get it. You won’t be sorry.

1. spudchukar - Jan 30, 2012 at 4:05 PM

…And if you choose to follow the advice verbatim, you are assured of losing your fantasy league.

2. The Rabbit - Jan 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Sorry, Craig. The guys in the “Who’s Your Daddy?” league won’t need this. They already have a complete knowledge of every player in both leagues (or in Len’s case, complete knowledge of the Yankees) or own both a Ouija board and a Magic 8 ball. Either way, they are set for the season.

• proudlycanadian - Jan 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Have fun this year. My money is on the Ouija board.

• cur68 - Jan 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I’m assembling my All Beaver Lumber Squad with assorted Blue Jays, random Canadians on other clubs, and Chooch Ruiz (just to irritate the Philly Phans). We shall grind the opposition to dust.

• proudlycanadian - Jan 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Go for it Cur, but do not pick any Canuck pitchers. Honorary Canucks are OK. Leave Arod for Len.

• wlschneider09 - Jan 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Jeff Francis is hurt. Just hurt.

• The Rabbit - Jan 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM

@Mr. Canadian,
        Always room for you, if you want to join us! BTW-The Ouija board is the popular bet.

• proudlycanadian - Jan 30, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Hi Rabbit. My draft strategy would be too much like Cur’s. We would be fighting over the same players to each other’s detriment. Votto and Lawrie would be high on our list.

• The Rabbit - Jan 30, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I’m not Canadian and Votto and Lawrie are high on my list, too. I picked up Lawrie in all of my leagues last year. He was exceptional!

• cur68 - Jan 30, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Hands off the Beaver Boy, Ms Lapin! There will no poaching of my fantasy picks. Poach Len’s Yankees: that’ probably a surer bet, anyways.

3. buffalomafia - Jan 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I have a question for all fantasy roto players?

Did you ever hear of a bullshit rule of limited innings for pitchers?

In all the years I have been in fantasy baseball I never heard of putting limits on pitchers?!

Let me know?!

• spudchukar - Jan 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM

It is common.

• phillyphreak - Jan 30, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Innings limits are common, usually to prevent massive streaming of pitchers.

• The Rabbit - Jan 30, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I’ve encountered inning limits in every roto league I’ve played. I’ve never exceeded them. It does force you to carry a couple of relievers/closers on your roster if your league does not specifically “slot” starting pitchers and relievers.

4. buffalomafia - Jan 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Thanks! No wonder I finish 4th every year?

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3333)