Jan 30, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees are in “serious talks” with Bill Hall.
This would obviously be for a bench/utility role. Hall had a horrible 2011 season, but he was useful in 2010 for the Red Sox — 18 homers in 342 plate appearances — and could possibly still have a little life left in that bat.
More important for our purposes: back in December, Rosenthal reported that Hall had “lost 15 pounds to regain foot speed.”
We’ll need eyewitness confirmation in Tampa next month, but for now I think we can make Hall a preliminary BSOHL candidate.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)