Jan 30, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees are in “serious talks” with Bill Hall.
This would obviously be for a bench/utility role. Hall had a horrible 2011 season, but he was useful in 2010 for the Red Sox — 18 homers in 342 plate appearances — and could possibly still have a little life left in that bat.
More important for our purposes: back in December, Rosenthal reported that Hall had “lost 15 pounds to regain foot speed.”
We’ll need eyewitness confirmation in Tampa next month, but for now I think we can make Hall a preliminary BSOHL candidate.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)