Jan 30, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Yankees are in “serious talks” with Bill Hall.
This would obviously be for a bench/utility role. Hall had a horrible 2011 season, but he was useful in 2010 for the Red Sox — 18 homers in 342 plate appearances — and could possibly still have a little life left in that bat.
More important for our purposes: back in December, Rosenthal reported that Hall had “lost 15 pounds to regain foot speed.”
We’ll need eyewitness confirmation in Tampa next month, but for now I think we can make Hall a preliminary BSOHL candidate.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)