Jan 31, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
I’ve been confused about why the Twins haven’t snatched up one of the many low-cost veteran relievers who’ve signed recently and of the remaining options Todd Coffey would seemingly be a good fit, but Darren Wolfson of 1500ESPN.com in Minnesota reports that they aren’t even in the mix for him.
According to Wolfson the Cubs and A’s are showing the most interest in Coffey, who made $1.35 million from the Nationals last season while throwing 60 innings with a 3.62 ERA and 46/20 K/BB ratio.
At this point in the offseason one-year deals worth $1 million seem to be the going rate for decent veteran setup men, and Coffey fits into the group that includes Brad Lidge, Chad Qualls, and Dan Wheeler.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)