Jan 31, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
That’s not a medical diagnosis, of course. Diamondbacks’ CEO Derrick Hall is doing well. He had prostate cancer surgery a couple of months ago, is back at work and is working hard. Things are looking good.
But as this wonderful, occasionally tear-jerking but ultimately and profoundly uplifting article by Steve Henson at Yahoo! shows, no matter what his medical condition is, Hall’s attitude and approach to his job, his family and his life is about as healthy as it gets. It’s about a guy who, while absolutely entitled to some “why me?” moments, has apparently maintained the same winning demeanor he had before his diagnosis during and after it as well.
Read the stuff about him talking to his daughter. Read the stuff about D-backs fan Bob Ellmer.
Mercy, this is good stuff.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)