Jan 31, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
That’s not a medical diagnosis, of course. Diamondbacks’ CEO Derrick Hall is doing well. He had prostate cancer surgery a couple of months ago, is back at work and is working hard. Things are looking good.
But as this wonderful, occasionally tear-jerking but ultimately and profoundly uplifting article by Steve Henson at Yahoo! shows, no matter what his medical condition is, Hall’s attitude and approach to his job, his family and his life is about as healthy as it gets. It’s about a guy who, while absolutely entitled to some “why me?” moments, has apparently maintained the same winning demeanor he had before his diagnosis during and after it as well.
Read the stuff about him talking to his daughter. Read the stuff about D-backs fan Bob Ellmer.
Mercy, this is good stuff.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 0
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 11
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 96
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)