Jan 31, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
That’s not a medical diagnosis, of course. Diamondbacks’ CEO Derrick Hall is doing well. He had prostate cancer surgery a couple of months ago, is back at work and is working hard. Things are looking good.
But as this wonderful, occasionally tear-jerking but ultimately and profoundly uplifting article by Steve Henson at Yahoo! shows, no matter what his medical condition is, Hall’s attitude and approach to his job, his family and his life is about as healthy as it gets. It’s about a guy who, while absolutely entitled to some “why me?” moments, has apparently maintained the same winning demeanor he had before his diagnosis during and after it as well.
Read the stuff about him talking to his daughter. Read the stuff about D-backs fan Bob Ellmer.
Mercy, this is good stuff.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)