Jan 31, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
That’s not a medical diagnosis, of course. Diamondbacks’ CEO Derrick Hall is doing well. He had prostate cancer surgery a couple of months ago, is back at work and is working hard. Things are looking good.
But as this wonderful, occasionally tear-jerking but ultimately and profoundly uplifting article by Steve Henson at Yahoo! shows, no matter what his medical condition is, Hall’s attitude and approach to his job, his family and his life is about as healthy as it gets. It’s about a guy who, while absolutely entitled to some “why me?” moments, has apparently maintained the same winning demeanor he had before his diagnosis during and after it as well.
Read the stuff about him talking to his daughter. Read the stuff about D-backs fan Bob Ellmer.
Mercy, this is good stuff.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)