Jan 31, 2012, 7:30 PM EST
Moseley was arbitration-eligible for the second time this offseason after earning $900,000 in 2011. The 30-year-old requested $2.55 million and was offered $1.5 million from the Padres when arbitration figures were exchanged earlier this month, so the two sides settled at a little under the midpoint.
Moseley went just 3-10 last season, despite a 3.30 ERA and 64/36 K/BB ratio over 120 innings. As if he wasn’t unlucky enough already, he also required season-ending surgery on his non-throwing shoulder last August. However, he should be good to go for spring training and projects to open 2012 in the Padres’ starting rotation.
Now that a deal with Moseley is finalized, the Padres have all of their arbitration-eligible players under contract.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 64
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)