Jan 31, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
Not sure how I missed this yesterday, but via my NBC comrade Rick Chandler over at Off the Bench, we learn that there are baseball cards way better than the Photoshopped Jose Reyes and Albert Pujols cards. Specifically, Skip Shumaker’s:
That, of course, is from last season’s NLDS, when the varmint messed with Roy Oswalt and Schumaker (and Angel Hernandez, but he doesn’t need squirrels to cause him to mess up).
It’s no Billy Ripken, but not a bad card.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)