Jan 31, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Not sure how I missed this yesterday, but via my NBC comrade Rick Chandler over at Off the Bench, we learn that there are baseball cards way better than the Photoshopped Jose Reyes and Albert Pujols cards. Specifically, Skip Shumaker’s:
That, of course, is from last season’s NLDS, when the varmint messed with Roy Oswalt and Schumaker (and Angel Hernandez, but he doesn’t need squirrels to cause him to mess up).
It’s no Billy Ripken, but not a bad card.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)