Jan 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Yesterday, after I posted that Photoshopped baseball card of Jose Reyes, I was alerted to the fact that there are bona fide action photos of the Marlins — including the new Marlins — in their new uniforms. You can see a gallery of them over at Fox Sports Florida.
They came courtesy of the Miami Marlins themselves, so I’m assuming they were taken for the purposes of promotional materials, TV commercials or something like that. Can’t exactly sell the new product with the old players in their old duds in the old ballpark.
I’m gonna admit it: I like the uniforms more than I thought I would. No, they’re not on par with the Tigers, Yankees or Dodgers or anything when it comes to looking awesome, but there’s something very fresh about them. I like that a team has eschewed the faux classic look. Which is only appropriate given that the Marlins are not exactly classic themselves. Nothing that is less than 20 years-old can be.
Anyway: here’s to trying new things and looking forward and all of that. Glad to see someone in baseball doing it.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 6
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)