Jan 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EST
Yesterday, after I posted that Photoshopped baseball card of Jose Reyes, I was alerted to the fact that there are bona fide action photos of the Marlins — including the new Marlins — in their new uniforms. You can see a gallery of them over at Fox Sports Florida.
They came courtesy of the Miami Marlins themselves, so I’m assuming they were taken for the purposes of promotional materials, TV commercials or something like that. Can’t exactly sell the new product with the old players in their old duds in the old ballpark.
I’m gonna admit it: I like the uniforms more than I thought I would. No, they’re not on par with the Tigers, Yankees or Dodgers or anything when it comes to looking awesome, but there’s something very fresh about them. I like that a team has eschewed the faux classic look. Which is only appropriate given that the Marlins are not exactly classic themselves. Nothing that is less than 20 years-old can be.
Anyway: here’s to trying new things and looking forward and all of that. Glad to see someone in baseball doing it.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 40
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)