Jan 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Yesterday, after I posted that Photoshopped baseball card of Jose Reyes, I was alerted to the fact that there are bona fide action photos of the Marlins — including the new Marlins — in their new uniforms. You can see a gallery of them over at Fox Sports Florida.
They came courtesy of the Miami Marlins themselves, so I’m assuming they were taken for the purposes of promotional materials, TV commercials or something like that. Can’t exactly sell the new product with the old players in their old duds in the old ballpark.
I’m gonna admit it: I like the uniforms more than I thought I would. No, they’re not on par with the Tigers, Yankees or Dodgers or anything when it comes to looking awesome, but there’s something very fresh about them. I like that a team has eschewed the faux classic look. Which is only appropriate given that the Marlins are not exactly classic themselves. Nothing that is less than 20 years-old can be.
Anyway: here’s to trying new things and looking forward and all of that. Glad to see someone in baseball doing it.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69