Jan 31, 2012, 12:30 PM EDT
Yesterday, after I posted that Photoshopped baseball card of Jose Reyes, I was alerted to the fact that there are bona fide action photos of the Marlins — including the new Marlins — in their new uniforms. You can see a gallery of them over at Fox Sports Florida.
They came courtesy of the Miami Marlins themselves, so I’m assuming they were taken for the purposes of promotional materials, TV commercials or something like that. Can’t exactly sell the new product with the old players in their old duds in the old ballpark.
I’m gonna admit it: I like the uniforms more than I thought I would. No, they’re not on par with the Tigers, Yankees or Dodgers or anything when it comes to looking awesome, but there’s something very fresh about them. I like that a team has eschewed the faux classic look. Which is only appropriate given that the Marlins are not exactly classic themselves. Nothing that is less than 20 years-old can be.
Anyway: here’s to trying new things and looking forward and all of that. Glad to see someone in baseball doing it.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 49
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 147
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (149)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)