Feb 1, 2012, 12:58 PM EST
Brian Cashman and Theo Epstein were at the same charity event on Tuesday night and they each talked about how great it is that they’re not competing head-to-head in the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry anymore. Why? Each of them are just too awesome for the other to handle!
“I was never able to totally relax because I felt like he was always lurking,” Epstein said. “He had a great sense of the marketplace.”
You know, like when he deftly assessed the marketplace for overused setup men and gave Rafael Soriano three-years and $35 million! What say you, Brian?
“I found the Red Sox were constantly making the right choice, not the popular choice,” Cashman said.
Up next: a Cubs-Yankees trade that favors Chicago that causes Red Sox fans to claim vicarious victory over New York.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 30
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 30
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 71
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)