Feb 1, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Cruz is 33 years old, but was plenty effective for the Rays last season with a 3.88 ERA and 46/28 K/BB ratio in 49 innings.
His career numbers are skewed by a rough beginning as a starter, but Cruz has a 3.77 ERA and 249 strikeouts in 217 innings since moving to the bullpen full time in 2007. His velocity has dipped somewhat in recent years, but he still averaged 92.8 miles per hour with his fastball last season.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 15
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 45
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 5
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 35
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)