Feb 1, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Cruz is 33 years old, but was plenty effective for the Rays last season with a 3.88 ERA and 46/28 K/BB ratio in 49 innings.
His career numbers are skewed by a rough beginning as a starter, but Cruz has a 3.77 ERA and 249 strikeouts in 217 innings since moving to the bullpen full time in 2007. His velocity has dipped somewhat in recent years, but he still averaged 92.8 miles per hour with his fastball last season.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)