Feb 1, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
We’ve known that the Cardinals and Roy Oswalt have been pussy-footing around one another. But now we know that Roy Oswalt does not like the Cardianls’ pussy-footing: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals have not made Roy Oswalt an offer “that the pitcher deems anywhere close to sufficient.”
As Rosenthal notes, Oswalt is much to blame for this. He’s made it clear that he only wants to pitch in Texas or St. Louis. If you’re the Cards or the Rangers, there’s no sense in bowling him over, then. And heck: Texas, as far as we know, hasn’t even made an offer yet.
When you say no to Boston and other teams that are interested, this is what happens.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8