Feb 1, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
We’ve known that the Cardinals and Roy Oswalt have been pussy-footing around one another. But now we know that Roy Oswalt does not like the Cardianls’ pussy-footing: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals have not made Roy Oswalt an offer “that the pitcher deems anywhere close to sufficient.”
As Rosenthal notes, Oswalt is much to blame for this. He’s made it clear that he only wants to pitch in Texas or St. Louis. If you’re the Cards or the Rangers, there’s no sense in bowling him over, then. And heck: Texas, as far as we know, hasn’t even made an offer yet.
When you say no to Boston and other teams that are interested, this is what happens.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (90)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)