Feb 1, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
We’ve known that the Cardinals and Roy Oswalt have been pussy-footing around one another. But now we know that Roy Oswalt does not like the Cardianls’ pussy-footing: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals have not made Roy Oswalt an offer “that the pitcher deems anywhere close to sufficient.”
As Rosenthal notes, Oswalt is much to blame for this. He’s made it clear that he only wants to pitch in Texas or St. Louis. If you’re the Cards or the Rangers, there’s no sense in bowling him over, then. And heck: Texas, as far as we know, hasn’t even made an offer yet.
When you say no to Boston and other teams that are interested, this is what happens.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)