Feb 1, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
We’ve known that the Cardinals and Roy Oswalt have been pussy-footing around one another. But now we know that Roy Oswalt does not like the Cardianls’ pussy-footing: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals have not made Roy Oswalt an offer “that the pitcher deems anywhere close to sufficient.”
As Rosenthal notes, Oswalt is much to blame for this. He’s made it clear that he only wants to pitch in Texas or St. Louis. If you’re the Cards or the Rangers, there’s no sense in bowling him over, then. And heck: Texas, as far as we know, hasn’t even made an offer yet.
When you say no to Boston and other teams that are interested, this is what happens.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12