Feb 1, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
We’ve known that the Cardinals and Roy Oswalt have been pussy-footing around one another. But now we know that Roy Oswalt does not like the Cardianls’ pussy-footing: Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals have not made Roy Oswalt an offer “that the pitcher deems anywhere close to sufficient.”
As Rosenthal notes, Oswalt is much to blame for this. He’s made it clear that he only wants to pitch in Texas or St. Louis. If you’re the Cards or the Rangers, there’s no sense in bowling him over, then. And heck: Texas, as far as we know, hasn’t even made an offer yet.
When you say no to Boston and other teams that are interested, this is what happens.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 15
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 18
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)