Feb 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Who knows where he’ll go at this point. If, as some are suspecting, Jackson is going to settle for a one-year deal, he may prefer a deal in a pitchers’ park to help his numbers for next year’s return to free agency. If he’s just going to take the best offer possible, perhaps that three-four year deal that the Orioles were rumored to have offered him is still out there.
Query: is Edwin Jackson important enough in the grand scheme of things to warrant Mystery Team consideration? I sort of feel like he isn’t.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)