Feb 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Who knows where he’ll go at this point. If, as some are suspecting, Jackson is going to settle for a one-year deal, he may prefer a deal in a pitchers’ park to help his numbers for next year’s return to free agency. If he’s just going to take the best offer possible, perhaps that three-four year deal that the Orioles were rumored to have offered him is still out there.
Query: is Edwin Jackson important enough in the grand scheme of things to warrant Mystery Team consideration? I sort of feel like he isn’t.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 14
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 36
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 18
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)