Feb 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Who knows where he’ll go at this point. If, as some are suspecting, Jackson is going to settle for a one-year deal, he may prefer a deal in a pitchers’ park to help his numbers for next year’s return to free agency. If he’s just going to take the best offer possible, perhaps that three-four year deal that the Orioles were rumored to have offered him is still out there.
Query: is Edwin Jackson important enough in the grand scheme of things to warrant Mystery Team consideration? I sort of feel like he isn’t.
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 48
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 20
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)