Feb 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
Who knows where he’ll go at this point. If, as some are suspecting, Jackson is going to settle for a one-year deal, he may prefer a deal in a pitchers’ park to help his numbers for next year’s return to free agency. If he’s just going to take the best offer possible, perhaps that three-four year deal that the Orioles were rumored to have offered him is still out there.
Query: is Edwin Jackson important enough in the grand scheme of things to warrant Mystery Team consideration? I sort of feel like he isn’t.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)